Friday, June 3, 2011

a drop of color

I'm inspired by my daughter's eclectic style and personality. Her style is one part functional (think a tee, hoodie and a bottom). The second part is...well let's just say "interesting" textures and colors. Of course I'm the one to blame since I purchased these clothes but you've got to admit, what other age is it appropriate to wear a black long sleeve with a monkey face paired with a pastel pink tutu?

This has made me re-introduce prints back into my wardrobe. The easiest way to integrate a pop of color is through accessories. Think jewelry, scarves, shoes and even sunglasses. Below are a few of my favorite accessories that have given my blah wardrobe the pop of color it needed:

 Missoni scarves (a must since I work in the city)

Gazelle sunglasses in olive green
 

The infamous Giuseppe Zanotti wedge leopard booties. a-mazing. 

Fenton/Fallon for J.Crew rhinestone jaws chain necklace. a little sparkle brightens the simplest outfits

No comments:

Post a Comment